Door Design Center
We Want Every Kitchen to Earn the Status of "Kitchen Beautiful"
Creative and Timeless Design Ideas • Best Materials Available • Superior Experienced Installers
Door Design Center
There are three components of Door Design: Door Style, Wood Species, Door Finish.
What is your particular Door Style Preference?
Kitchen Beautiful has the Cabinet door style choices to work with all your design ideas. There are three basic Door Styles
Flush (or Slab) Recessed Panel (Shaker/Mission Style) and Raised Panel
Flush doors are solid doors with no frame or inset panel. It’s a minimalistic look that’s making a big comeback. The flat surface is low maintenance and easily wipes clean. This style has been popular in Europe for decades and is often referred to as “Euro-style” cabinets and is thought of as contemporary design style. It is available in both wood and laminate choices and are available in a wide variety of finishes and colors.
Recessed Panel doors are most commonly referred to as Shaker and are the hottest trend in today’s kitchens. The basic feature of this style is a recessed flat panel inserted into a square frame. These doors feature simple clean lines and a utilitarian look. Shaker doors are used in a wide variety of applications from contemporary to traditional. They are available in a wide variety of colors and finishes.
Raised panel doors are thought of as traditional and feature many decorative options and add great dimension to your cabinet doors. In this style the middle panel is raised from the carved edges. As a classic type of cabinetry this will never go out of style. It is available in a wide variety of colors and wood finishes.
Do you have a particular Wood Species in mind?
Maple is the species of choice for Painted Doors because of its superb characteristics for painting well. Maple is a tight closed grain hardwood with a medium density and a smooth surface that takes paint well.
Thermafoil doors are made of Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) and are very durable. The pattern on the thermafoil can be made to closely replicate all wood species.
Hardwoods for Staining:
The beauty or real hardwood is created by the wide variety of grain textures and colors. Each wood species has its own unique characteristics.
- Alder is a relatively soft hardwood of medium density. It is characterized by straight grain and a uniform texture.
- Knotty Alder contains a wide variety of knots and check marks giving it unique one of a kind look in your kitchen.
- Birch is a very strong hardwood with straight grain and uniform texture. Predominately a very white wood and used with light stains.
- Cherry is a very traditional hardwood of medium density with a fine uniform grain.
- Hickory is a very tough and durable hardwood of high density. It has a wildly varying grain color and patterns.
- Oak is a very durable hardwood of relatively high density. The grain pattern varies from close straight grain to large sweeping grain.
- Walnut is a tough stable hardwood of medium density with a predominately straight grain pattern with an occasional wavy attractive grain pattern.
- Quarter Sawn Oak is a very durable hardwood with a predominate straight grain. When stained it broad rays and growth ring characteristics are highlighted. It has a very unique appearance.
Do you have a particular Door finish in mind?
There are two general categories of Door Finish – Laminated or the more “Traditional Products” like Paint and Stain
Laminated covers a rather broad category of finishes which are applied over Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF). These finishes can be Thermafoil, Laminate, 3D Laminates, Textured Thermally Fused Laminate, Matte Finish Acrylic, High Gloss and Wired among others. These finishes may be able to be placed on both a one piece or the more traditional 5 piece door. They are characterized by their vast availability of colors and styles. In general these products have great color consistency and durability.
Traditional Products like Paint and Stain are applied to a wide variety of wood species to enhance and bring out the natural appearance of the wood. All Kitchen Beautiful Painted and Stained doors utilize Woodwright Brand Catalyzed Varnish. They are available in a wide variety of standard colors and can be custom made to match any paint or stain color desired.
10326 Highland Drive
Brecksville, OH 44141